Simplicity with elegance, our two-seater Slade garden bench is an excellent addition for external use. All made from reclaimed pallet wood, ideally suited for patios and smaller gardens. Finished with clear Danish oil. Our Slade Garden Bench is named after Slade Garden Park, one of the many parks and open spaces in Lambeth borough. The park was officially known as Ingleton Street open space but was renamed Slade Garden in 1958. Formerly a residential area of smaller cheaper houses away from the more prestigious Brixton Road frontage, the whole development was completed by Felix Slade, a wealthy businessman who is chiefly remembered for endowing the Slade School of Art, and a professorship at Oxford. After bombing during the Second World War, most of this area was cleared to provide a small public open space. First road names came from places in Yorkshire/ the Pennines, based on Slade family connections with that area. Ingleborough Street is the only road name to survive, with just a small block of 1930s apartments left almost in the middle of the park.